Calcutta: A Memory Care Facility
Our expanded activity offerings maximize each resident’s quality of life, dignity, ongoing life experiences, and self-esteem.
Residents can choose to participate in a range of programs and activities based on their interests, life skills, and tolerance for participation.
Calcutta boasts services and programs like:
- Adele Court (Alzheimer’s and Dementia Enhanced Living Environment). Designed to provide a peaceful, home-like atmosphere, the facility has several lounges and multi-sensory, music, and shower rooms. Families are encouraged to arrange and decorate their loved one’s room to make it as comfortable as possible.
Calcutta also has activities designed to meet each resident’s needs, including:
- Music & Memory. This program helps people living with a wide range of cognitive and physical challenges find renewed joy in life through musical favorites
- Compassionate Touch. This program offers a holistic approach that combines skilled touch with compassionate presence to enhance quality of life for those in the later stages of life
- Opening Minds through Art (OMA). This award-winning, evidence-based, intergenerational art-making program is for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, where residents participate in a failure-free program that provides opportunities for creative self-expression and social engagement. The 12-week course concludes with an exhibition showcasing our artists’ work.
- Multi-sensory room (also known as a Snoezelen Room). Devised by two Dutch therapists in the early 1970s who worked with people who had developmental disabilities, our private Multi-Sensory Room displays optical illusions combined with lighting effects, aromas, colors, textures, and sounds to stimulate a person’s sense of hearing, smell, touch, and sight. It is specially designed to combine a range of stimuli to help individuals develop and engage their senses, and its ability to compensate for cognitive deficits makes it a very useful tool in dementia care.
(Learn more about our Memory Care services.)
Contact us directly to schedule a tour or ask us a question.